Once you have decided to make an animated movie, you might need to create a unique character for it. In Clilk animation editor you can always use a ready made character sticker from the gallery of albums but you can also create a new one. Moreover you can animate the sticker and apply some basic effects to it.
1. Prepare a Character Sticker.
You can draw a character on a sheet of paper and make a photo of it or you can find a character among thousands of pictures on the internet. Once you have chosen a picture of a character in any format (jpeg, png…), you need to upload it to the Clilk-editor.
- Enter the Clilk editor and press the upload button.
- After the picture appeared on the editing board, you can edit it.
- Click on the picture then on the “+” label and on the pencil label.
- Now you have 3 options to edit your sticker.
- Magic wand erases solid background you click on.
- Eraser deletes just the area that is covered by it.
- Crop Tool crops a rectangular area that you mark.
2. First Person Narration.
In order to make a first person narration, you need to imitate the character’s point of view. So whatever happens on the scene, it could be literally framed in characters eyes.
- Enter the Clilk editor and put all the characters and backgrounds on the editing board.
- Compose the scene.
- At the very start of your animation put two Text Labels of black color in the upper part of the screen and in the bottom. Those labels imitate the character’s eyelids.
- Make the character blink from time to time. Just cover a bigger area of the screen with the eyelids-shutters.
3. Facial Emotions.
If you want to animate your character’s emotions, you just need some extra eyes and mouth stickers.
- Find a character and additional emotions (eyes and mouth) in Clilk albums or make a character and emotions by yourself.
- Upload the character and emotions to the Clilk editing board.
- Put your character on the scene and the emotion sticker on the side-scene.
- Apply an action and set a “0” time mark.
- Set the emotion sticker on the face of your character.
- Preview the movie and you will see that the character changes its facial emotion right away.